Gulf Coast PostDoc and Student Association (GCPSA)
- To enhance communication and networking between graduate students, postdoctoral scholars and faculty within and outside the GCREC.
- To foster outreach with the industrial and academic scientific communities.
- To provide professional enrichment opportunities to graduate students and postdoctoral scholars.
- To create and promote intellectual, social, and cultural opportunities, between graduate students, postdoctoral scholars and faculty within and outside the GCREC.
- To foster professional mentorship relationships among the postdoctoral scholars and graduate students
- To promote the use of peer groups as a resource for solving challenging research problems.
- To foster interdisciplinary collaboration, as is appropriate and feasible, among postdoctoral researchers and graduate students in different research groups
- Every other Thursday throughout the fall and spring, students and postdocs are encouraged to present their research to the GCREC community.
- Professional development events and workshops.
- Fieldtrips to in-state research facilities both private and public.
- Social events to promote networking within the center's scientific community.
If you have any questions, suggestions or if you wish to participate, please contact any GCPSA officer.