UF/IFAS GCREC - Plant City Center

Prospective Students

Academic Advisor - Jason Steward
Phone:  (813) 757-2280
Email: jsteward@ufl.edu

Would you like to take a few courses or earn a degree from the University of Florida but can't move to Gainesville? If so, the UF satellite teaching program in Plant City can help!

We are conveniently located between Tampa and Orlando and offer courses in a variety of programs.

For more information, please contact us or arrange a visit.

Undergraduate Students

Undergraduate (and nondegree-seeking) students can complete courses or earn a Bachelor of Science degree in several degree programs:


Degree programs at the GCREC Plant City Center do not begin at the freshman level.

If you are a degree-seeking student, you must transfer after you've finished your first two years at a public Florida Community College or other accredited institution.

Contact the faculty advisor (see above) of your degree program for advice during—or even before—your freshman and sophomore years. Your advisor will work with you step-by-step to ensure you complete all required courses and meet all requirements for your program.


Each degree program at the Plant City Center has different requirements and prerequisite courses.

It's best for students to complete an Associates of Arts (AA) degree in Liberal Arts & Sciences before transferring. This degree will provide most—if not all—prerequisite courses.

Other degrees, such as an AS, AAS, specialty AA degrees, or certificates, may not provide all necessary prerequisites. Check the prerequisite list (1.66MB PDF) for the program you find interesting.

Students attending accredited schools other than community colleges (e.g., USF, FSC) must complete 60 credit hours in general education courses, including the program prerequisites, to transfer as a degree-seeking student at the Plant City Center.

Students transferring into a degree program at the Plant City Center need to maintain a minimum GPA during their previous studies.


When you begin your final semester at the community college,  complete the online degree-seeking application for formal admission to our Bachelor of Science program. After you submit the application, please contact our Academic Coordinator (contact information listed above) to ensure your admissions file is coded correctly for the GCREC Plant City Center.

Nondegree-seeking students will need to complete a nondegree application for each semester they plan to attend. When completing the online application, select the code "Plant City Ag Program" under the section titled "enrolling in a special program"—even if you're not taking an agriculture course. Be sure provide two proofs of Florida residency. If you do not receive a "successful submission" message, then you must go back to and redo the application.

If you have questions, contact the faculty advisor for your degree program:

Graduate Students

Graduate students can earn degrees in the following areas:

For more information, please contact us or arrange a visit.

Prerequisites, Financial Aid & Admissions Resources