Dr. Amr Abd-Elrahman
Associate Professor of Geomatics, Plant City Center
Dr. Abd-Elrahman supervises the Geomatics undergraduate and graduate programs at the GCREC Plant City Center.
Dr. Abd-Elrahman’s research focuses on utilizing remote sensing techniques to provide information needed in natural resources management/monitoring and precision agriculture applications. The research program involves multispectral and hyperspectral image classification, lidar data processing, and geospatial analysis.
Dr. Abd-Elrahman has worked on:
- developing mobile hyperspectral image sensing system;
- using space-borne hyperspectral imagery to model vegetation biophysical and soils parameters;
- classifying submerged aquatic vegetation;
- modeling water quality parameters using airborne and ground-based hyperspectral imagery; and
- utilizing segmentation techniques to classify unmanned aircraft system imagery.
Dr. Abd-Elrahman also teaches several undergraduate and graduate courses in the geographic information system analysis, image processing, and surveying and mapping areas.