- Estimation of Genetic Parameters for 12 Fruit and Vegetative Traits in the University of Florida Strawberry Breeding Population (503KB PDF)
- Historical Trends in Strawberry Fruit Quality Revealed by a Trial of University of Florida Cultivars and Advanced Selections (474KB PDF)
- UF/IFAS Strawberry Cultivars
- WinterstarTM (‘FL 05-107’) Strawberry1 (684KB PDF)
- Biology and Control of the Strawberry Aphid, Chaetosiphon fragaefolli (Cockerell) (Homoptera: Aphididae) in Florida
- Biological Control for Insect Management in Strawberries
- Fuller Rose Beetle,Naupactus godmanni (Crotch) (Insecta: Coleoptera: Curculionidae)
- Sap Beetles (of Florida), Nitidulidae (Insecta: Coleoptera: Nitidulidae)
- Sap Beetle (Coleoptera: Nitidulidae) Management in Strawberries
- Spotted Wing Drosophila in Florida Berry Culture
*PLANT DISEASE MANAGEMENT REPORTS GO TO THE PUBLICATIONS-ARCHIVE PAGE
SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATIONS BY DR. PERES
- Mertely, J.C., Seijo, T.E., MacKenzie, S.J., Moyer, C., and Peres, N.A. 2009. Effect of timing of preharvest fungicide applications on postharvest Botrytis fruit rot of annual strawberries in Florida. Plant Health Progress. (102KB PDF)
- MacKenzie, S.J.*, Mertely, J.C., and Peres, N.A. 2009. The curative and protectant activity of fungicides for control of crown rot caused by Colletotrichum gloeosporioides. Plant Disease 93: 815-820. (167KB PDF)
- MacKenzie, S.J., Peres, N.A., Barquero, M.P., Arauz, L.F., and Timmer, L.W. 2009. Host range and genetic relatedness ofColletotrichum acutatum isolates from fruit crops and leatherleaf fern in Florida. Phytopathology 99: 620-631. (499KB PDF)
- Turechek, W.W., and Peres, N.A. 2009. Heat treatment effects on strawberry plant survival and angular leaf spot of strawberry, caused by Xanthomonas fragariae, in nursery production. Plant Disease 93: 299-308. (614KB PDF)
- MacKenzie, S.J., Mertely, J.C., Seijo, T.E., and Peres, N.A. 2008.Colletotrichum fragariae is a pathogen of hosts other than strawberry. Plant Disease 92: 1432-1438. (466KB PDF)
- T.E. Seijo, Chandler, C.K., Mertely, J.C., Moyer, C., and Peres, N.A. 2008. Resistance of Strawberry Cultivars and Advanced Selections to Anthracnose and Botrytis Fruit Rots. Proc. Fla. State Hort. Soc. 121:246–248. (187KB PDF)
- MacKenzie, S.J., Seijo, T.E., Legard, D.E., Timmer, L.W., and Peres, N.A. 2007. Selection for pathogenicity to strawberry in populations of Colletotrichum gloesporioides from native plants. Phytopathology 97:1130-1140. (316KB PDF)
- MacKenzie, S.J., Legard, D.E., Timmer, L.W., Chandler, C.K., and Peres, N.A. 2006. Resistance of strawberry cultivars to crown rot caused by Colletotrichum gloeosporioides in nonspecific. Plant Disease 90:1091-1097.
- Turechek, W.W., Peres, N.A., and Werner, N.A. 2006. Pre- and post-infection activity of pyraclostrobin for control of anthracnose fruit rot caused by Colletotrichum acutatum. Plant Disease 90:862-868.
OTHER SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATIONS
- Mertely, J. C., and Legard, D. E. 2004. Detection, isolation, and pathogenicity of Colletotrichum spp. from strawberry petioles. Plant Dis. 88:407-412.
- Xiao, C. L., MacKenzie, S. J., and Legard, D. E. 2004. Genetic and pathogenic analyses of Colletotrichum gloeosporioidesisolates from strawberry and noncultivated hosts. Phytopathology 94:446-453.
- MacKenzie, S. J., C. L. Xiao, J.C. Mertely, C. K. Chandler, F. G. Martin, and D. E. Legard. 2003. Uniformity of strawberry yield and incidence of Botrytis fruit rot in an annual production system. Plant Dis. 87:991-998.
- Mertely, J. C., MacKenzie, S. J., and Legard, D. E. 2002. Timing of fungicide applications for Botrytis cinerea based on development stage of strawberry flowers and fruit. Plant Dis. 86:1019-1024.
- Urena-Padilla, A. R., MacKenzie, S. J., Bowen, B. W., and Legard, D. E. 2002. Etiology and population genetics ofColletotrichum spp. causing crown and fruit rot of strawberry. Phytopathology. 92:1245-1252.
- Legard, D.E., C.L. Xiao, J.C. Mertely, and C.K. Chandler. 2001. Management of Botrytis fruit rot on annual strawberry with applications of Captan, Thiram and Iprodione. Plant Dis. 85:31-39.
- Xiao, C.L., C.K. Chandler, J.F. Price, J.R. Duval, J.C. Mertely, D.E. Legard. 2001. Comparison of epidemics of Botrytis fruit rot and powdery mildew of strawberry in large plastic tunnel and field production systems. Plant Dis. 85:901-909.
- Legard, D.E., C.L. Xiao, J.C. Mertely, and C.K. Chandler. 2000. Effects of plant spacing and cultivar on incidence of Botrytis fruit rot in annual strawberry. Plant Dis. 84:531-538.
- Mertely, J.C., C.K. Chandler, C.L. Xiao, and D.E. Legard. 2000. Comparison of sanitation and fungicides for management of Botrytis fruit rot of strawberry. Plant Dis. 84:1197-1202.
- Weed Science
- American Black Nightshade Biology and Control in Fruiting Vegetables, Cucurbits, and Small Fruits
- Goosegrass Biology and Control in Fruiting Vegetables, Cucurbits, and Small Fruits
- Florida Pusley Biology and Control in Fruiting Vegetables, Cucurbits, and Small Fruits
- Managing Yellow and Purple Nutsedge in Florida Strawberry Fields